TrainFTW Open Prep Camp, Feb. 11-12, 2017
TrainFTW Open Prep Camp
We’re excited to announce the TrainFTW Open Prep Camp hosted by CrossFit Verve in Denver, CO on February 11-12, 2017. We will spend two days training, enhancing movement efficiency for CrossFit Open movements, eating, having discussions related to CrossFit competition, and downtime.
We’ll discuss nutrition for athletes, recovery techniques, competition mentality, and strategizing CrossFit Open Events. We will practice breathing techniques to prepare for and recover from training. This will not be in “lecture” format, rather an informal discussion where you’ll get the answers that you need.
You’ll walk away from the TrainFTW Open Prep Camp with more efficient movements, a better understanding of how to structure your week during the Open, how to prepare your mind and body before you attempt an Open workout, and heck of a lot of fun in a great training environment.
Participation is limited to 60 – all levels are welcomed.
Lunch is provided both days.
Cost is $349/person, including lunch.
Time is from 9am – 5pm
- What airport should I fly into?
- Denver International Airport (DIA). CrossFit Verve is 22mi (30min) from DIA.
- Where should I stay?
- All downtown Denver hotels are within a 10min drive of CrossFit Verve. Comment below to connect with someone to share a room.
- Should I rent a car?
- You can, but Denver has a good public transit system, as well as plenty of Uber drivers. Comment below for ride share options.
- Can I still attend if I can’t perform all movements as Rx’d?
- We will absolutely work with all ability levels and ages. We will be working on weaknesses, as well as scaling training sessions as needed.
- Is there a Whole Foods or similar grocery store nearby?
- There is a Whole Foods (11th Ave.) 12min from CrossFit Verve.
- What about dinner?
- Dinner will not be planned and will be on your own. We encourage everyone to get together on Saturday night for a feast!
- What should I bring?
- Bring your standard CrossFit Open kit, to include jump rope, lifting shoes, weight belt, grips, and tape. Bring pants and a winter coat, as this is winter in Denver!